Tuesday, April 24, 2007

My formula for determining the MVP race

Have you guys been scratching your heads wondering who will win the useless honor of being MVP? Me neither. But it seems like a lot of journalists have gone to great lengths to figure out every statistical reasoning to solidify their stance for voting for Steve Nash or Dirk Nowitzki.

Because the media has thrown up every stat and efficiency rating to sway your opinion, I decided to do an independent study. I have used an exclusive stat that has only been incorporated here on Drive and Diss.

The "Google Drunken Stupor Image Stat" is my number one factor I have used in finding our MVP. You won't find this type of research anywhere else. The stat is simple: Who has the most drunk photos available on a Google search? The more drunk photos an MVP candidate has, the less likely they are deserving of that MVP trophy.

I typed "Steve Nash Drunk" under the Google Image search and then did the same for "Dirk Nowitzki Drunk". This is what I found:




































images provided from:
http://www.seancoon.org/2005/05/drunken-ballers.html
http://czabe.com/daily/archives/2006/06/index.html

My count was 3 drunk Nowitzki images to one drunk Steve Nash image. It seems pretty clear cut to me. Nash definitely has the harder work ethic, and is less drunk on average than his good friend Dirk Nowitzki. According to the Assist to Hungover ratio, Nash is clearly the winner for MVP.

-J

No comments: